Public Beta Release — What You Need to Know
After Aver’s successful Closed Beta period this last month, Aver’s Public Beta is ready for lift-off!
The team has been monitoring protocol performance, making changes based on community feedback and are ready to roll out the beta for everyone.
This post provides useful information for public beta participants.
Mainnet vs. Devnet
The first major difference between using the mainnet and devnet is that you’ll need to fund your wallet with real USDC and SOL.
Profits and losses are real.
If you’d like to get a better feel for how Aver works before diving into mainnet (or if you’re based in a currently prohibited jurisdiction), the devnet protocol has a faucet, which enables you to trade on Aver with ‘play’ SOL and USDC.
Note: Mainnet and devnet are two entirely distinct networks, so you’ll need to make sure to change your wallet settings to point to the correct network for the version of Aver you’re interacting with.
Before interacting with the platform, it’s important to familiarise yourself with it. The Aver team has created several different avenues for users to learn about the technology stack behind the platform and how to use the platform to its full potential.
- The Quickstart Guide provides a run-down of the key steps to get started.
- Explainer Series #1 — SOL, USDC and Wallets is a video guide that explains why you’ll need a wallet, SOL and USDC, and how to get them.
- Aver Docs are your go-to for any other questions or information on the platform.
If you experience any issues when interacting with the platform, go through the Troubleshooting guide first. If your issues still aren’t solved, go over to the #product-issues channel on Aver’s Discord server and raise them.
(Please be helpful in any feedback you provide — the product is still in beta and the team is doing everything they can to quickly refine and improve the product!)
Here’s a list of updates we’ve made to the product during the closed beta, and what’s coming up next.
- UX feedback now shows orders are awaiting confirmation on-chain
- Improvements to order form UX have been made from user feedback
- Markets now display localised times, while previously they only displayed UTC times
- Shareable screens for orders — This gives participants the ability to easily share their orders on Social Media
- Improved program error handling and more helpful feedback to users
Coming Up Soon
- Python and Typescript Software Development Kits (SDKs)
- Support for ‘live’ or ‘in-play’ trading during events
- Shareable screens for winnings
- Wider offering of markets and types of events
- Support for new types of markets — i.e. markets with multiple winners
Trading limits will be in place on all markets during the beta period. These limits will be gradually lifted over coming weeks.
Keep an eye out for community competitions, and prizes and bonuses for interacting with the Aver platform and protocol during public beta.
To participate, interact with the community on Discord.
At this time, we are unable to facilitate participants interacting with the Mainnet application from the following prohibited jurisdictions:
Afghanistan, Albania, Belarus, Burma (Myanmar), Central Republic of Africa, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Guinea Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Nicaragua, North Korea, Russia, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe, United States of America.
The landscape is ever evolving and this list is likely to be subject to change with time. If you’re unable to interact with the mainnet application, it is still possible to interact and understand Aver on devnet.
We kindly ask that all users please provide any and all valuable feedback to us, and flag any issues that arise during this period. This can be done through the mainnet beta feedback form or on Aver’s Discord.
Participant’s who actively engage with the community to provide feedback and share their invaluable experience through feedback or social media will be eligible for prizes and bonuses.
What aspect of Public Beta are you most excited about?
Share your insights on Discord or Twitter, and always remember, Fortune Favors the Brave!